By fundraising for Phuket Has Been Good To Us, you will help make a difference to the lives of underprivileged children living in Thailand.
It’s so easy, anyone can fundraise! You can fundraise on your own, in a group, or any way you choose! Why not get your friends, family and workmates involved – the more you raise, the bigger difference you can make.
It’s easy to get started:
1) Decide what you would like to do.You can do things like:
- Host a fundraising event for us
- Host a morning tea at work or with friends
- Run a raffle
- Hold a trivia or games night
- Host a movie night
- Have a free dress day at work
- Host a wine and cheese night
- Get sponsored to give something up
- Run a pub Quiz
- Start an Office Swear Box
- Have a garage sale
2) Tell us about it! Simply email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell us what you’d like to do. We will be happy give you plenty of advice and support.
3) Put the word out! The more people who know about your fundraiser, the more support you’ll get. Announce it on Facebook, Twitter, email your family and friends, tell your colleagues, put up posters.
4) Host your event and collect donations. Make sure you tell people why you are doing this, so they can give as much support to you as possible.
5) Bank your money with us. The sooner you bank the money you raise with us, the sooner we can put it to work!
Helpful Fundraising Hints
- And then ask again! Don’t be afraid to ask for donations. People like helping other people, and the money you raise will make a huge difference. The more money you raise, the bigger difference you will make.
- Tell people why you are doing this. People like to know where their money is going, and that they are helping to make a difference as well. If you need more information or support materials, please just let us know.
- Approach local businesses. Can your local bakery provide a cake for your morning tea? Maybe the local gift store could provide a raffle prize, or a hotel could give you a night away to auction. We can help you with writing a letter to ask.
- Don’t limit your fundraising. Why not host a morning tea at work AND hold a raffle at the event; you will increase your donations!