It’s easy to get started:
1) Decide what type of event would work for the selected audience. Some ideas:
Host a fundraising event for us
Host a morning tea at work or with friends
Run a raffle
Hold a trivia or games night
Host a movie night
Have a free dress day at work
Host a wine and cheese night
Get sponsored to give something up
Run a pub Quiz
Start an Office Swear Box
Have a garage sale
2) Tell us about it! Simply email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell us what you’d like to do. We will be happy give you plenty of advice and support.
3) Put the word out! The more people who know about your fundraiser, the more support you’ll get. Announce it on Facebook, Twitter, email your family and friends, tell your colleagues, put up posters.
4) Host your event and collect donations. Make sure you tell people why you are doing this, so they can give as much support to you as possible.
5) Bank your money with us. The sooner you bank the money you raise with us, the sooner we can put it to work!
Helpful Fundraising Hints
And then ask again! Don’t be afraid to ask for donations. People like helping other people, and the money you raise will make a huge difference. The more money you raise, the bigger difference you will make.
Tell people why you are doing this. People like to know where their money is going, and that they are helping to make a difference as well. If you need more information or support materials, please just let us know.
Approach local businesses. Can your local bakery provide a cake for your morning tea? Maybe the local gift store could provide a raffle prize, or a hotel could give you a night away to auction. We can help you with writing a letter to ask.
Don’t limit your fundraising. Why not host a morning tea at work AND hold a raffle at the event; you will increase your donations!